Dear Distance Learning Students,
We hope you are all fine and pray for the very best in the new trimester.
Please take note of the following as we commence this trimester:
1. Registration Guidelines
- Registration is on for the September - December 2021 trimester with the Deadline for Unit Registration & Fee Payment being Friday 24th September 2021.
- For all Students who need to Repeat Units, or register for less than 3 units, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the units by latest Friday 24th September 2021.
- The Unit selection & Registration MUST follow the guidelines in the Online Unit Registration Guide available under the main menu of the e-learning portal (also attached here).
- Master Programmes Students should adhere to the attached timetable in selecting their units.
2. Unit Enrolment and Content Upload on E-learning Portal
- To start accessing reading material from lecturers, you shall be required to self-enroll in your trimester units (strictly after unit registration on the student portal and fee payment). The unit self-enrolment guide and the enrolment key sheet (that has enrolment keys for all units on offer) shall be shared in the next bulletin to be released in due course.
- Unit self-enrolment on elearning.kca.ac.ke should be done only after registering units in the student portal (https://portal.kca.ac.ke/kcaportal/) and paying at least the first installment of trimester fees or seeking clearance from students finance office. Any self-enrolment of units done before registration of the units on the student portal and payment of fees is null and void and will be reversed in due course without further reference to you.
- Unit self-enrolment on the elearning.kca.ac.ke portal should be done not later than latest Friday 24th September 2021.
3. Mode of Study Enhancement
As a way of improving the DL Mode of delivery and borrowing from the DL Students Experience Survey feedback run in August 2021, the University has moved to introduce at least 4 (four) Video Conferencing sessions for each DL class where DL students will engage with their lecturers through Zoom, Google Meet or KENET Big Blue Button video conferencing platforms. Video meeting schedule for each of the units shall be shared by the lecturers as they start engagement with the students. You are encouraged to attend these live sessions and make the best of them.
4. DL Class Quorum
As from this trimester, DL Department will not run classes that do not meet the set minimum class size. At the end of the registration window, the Department in collaboration with respective Schools / College administration shall review the class sizes and advise affected students on necessary adjustments they'll need to make so as to seamlessly progress with their studies.
5. Prospective 2021 Graduands
KCA University wishes to inform staff, students, prospective graduands & all stakeholders that the 2021 graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, 26th November 2021. Details of the fees & other additional information will be communicated in due course through official channels. Keep checking the University Website for more information.
If you have met all requirements for your academic program and hoping to graduate in 2021, initiate the clearance process following the guidelines shared in the university website through this link.
With those remarks, we wish you all the best as you settle down in the new trimester.